Monday, March 14, 2011

Noodle Legs

So in an effort to shed a few baby pounds I have taken up running again. I don't get out as often as I would like, as J prevents that (I'll go into detail later).

On Monday's, my best friend and I get together in her neighborhood which is also J's sitters neighborhood. Today we get to running and things are going well, doing some slight hills, taking the occasional break for my lungs as I'm not into great shape yet and before we know it we're 1.5 miles into the run...then we realize we have to come back. On our way back, J decides he's done. Just done. Cranky turned into fussy, fussy turned full fledged MELT DOWN! The last mile home was sheer screaming! He just didn't want to be in the stroller anymore, ok and he was teething. At about the .25 remaining mark, I had to get him out and walk to my car while holding him. Not the most ideal situation while trying to push a stroller, and having a severe case of NODDLE LEGS!

Nights like tonight are reasons why I'm not on the pavement more often. I hope he outgrows this quickly b/c I would like to improve my times and distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment