Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My little boy turns 1

This past weekend we celebrated my little Jack's 1st birthday. What I have been planning for months and preparing for, was almost taken from us in a matter of seconds.

To start the day, Jack had a VERY bad night the night before his party, which included only 3 hours sleep for everyone in the house. He was teething and up every few minutes.

After we awoke, I went outside to check the weather. Mind you, I had been checking the weather religiously for the past week in hopes that the rain finally had left us. NOPE!!!! The ground was wet, it was misting, and while packing the car, the clouds let loose and the mist turns into rain. I kept in close contact with my mother in law, who lived around the corner from our party location, Tuffree Park, and she kept assuring me that there was no rain in her direction.

With a huge fear in my mind, I continued to load up the car and we were off. While driving, we had the windshield wipers going, the ground was soaked...and yeah I was going to cry. No sleep, plus 50+ people headed our way from far and near. It was not going to be a good day should this rain continue.

As we were driving the grounds got drier and drier. Once we arrived to the park, we discovered the clouds were opening up and we were seeing bluer skies. At this point we decided to unpack.

Oh and should I remind you that Jack has refused to take morning nap for a few days now and didn't take one this morning and feel asleep in the car on the way to the park. Woohoo, we get to set up in peace :) A blessing disguise.

We set up, partied, and enjoyed the celebration we call "Jack's 1st Birthday. What could have turned into a total nightmare, ended up being a beautiful party for our little guy. We were very lucky.

Here are a few photos from his special day.



1 comment:

  1. It was a great party and all of your hard planning paid off because everyone had a great time, including the birthday boy.

    ReplyDelete